School Sport Grant 2016/17
Allocation – £8674
PE and Sport Grant information from the DfE can be found: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
For the academic year 2016-17, we have decided to continue to work with the Thirsk School Sports Partnership because we feel they offer a good range of opportunities for our children to broaden their participation in PE and sports activities with other schools. The range of events offered by the Sports Partnership is extensive including events for the less active children, those showing sporting talent and a variety of sports. With parental support, we will endeavour to attend as many of the events offered as possible. The cost of the Sports Partnership package is £2050.
Some of the Sports Premium budget will be used to support the development of the Wednesday afternoon clubs afternoon which allows all of our children to engage in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Some new equipment will be purchased to ensure staff have access to equipment appropriate for the sport, task and age of the children.
Whilst we feel we have well trained and enthusiastic staff within our school, we intend to use some of the Sports Premium to develop the range of after school activities, open to all. This will include activities such as; multi-skills, cheerleading, dance, football, gymnastics and boxercise.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport